Grant Application Instructions
HWLF has two windows of opportunity for grant applications throughout the calendar year. Grants are funded with the proceeds of the previous year’s fundraiser. Priority is given to applicants with projects that benefit women and children in Hawai`i. Neighbor island applications are encouraged.
In general, grants are considered in May and November. Dates can vary. The current grant period deadlines for the year are listed below.
The current grant application is also available below. Detailed instructions are provided on that form. Please note that the preferred submission method is via email.
Partial List of Previous Grantees
- Aloha Harvest
- Aloha Medical Mission
- Boys & Girls Club of Hawai`i
- Child and Family Services
- Children’s Alliance
- Domestic Violence Action Center
- Easter Seals Hawai`i
- Family Promise of Hawai`i
- Friends of the Children’s Advocacy Center
- Friends of Family Specialty Courts
- Girl Scouts of Hawai`i
- Habitat for Humanity (West Hawai`i, Big Island)
- Hale Ola Abuse Shelter
- Hawai`i Friends of Justice and Civic Education
- Hawai`i Justice Foundation
- Hawai`i State Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Hawai`i State Foster Parents Association
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Hawai`i
- Hui o Na Makua Ho`okahi o Kaua`i (Single Parents of Kauai`i)
- Institute for Human Services
- Kapi`olani Health Foundation
- Kids Hurt Too
- Kids Matter – Friends of the Children’s Justice Center of West Hawai`i (Big Island)
- Legal Aid Society of Hawai`i (Kaua`i branch)
- Maui Mediation Services
- Medical-Legal Partnership for Children in Hawai`i—Waimanalo Health Center
- Nā Loio No Nā Kānaka
- Planned Parenthood of Hawai`i
- Read to Me International, Inc.
- Roman Catholic Church in the State of Hawai`i, Waimea Catholic Church, Annunciation Parish
- Salvation Army (Hawaiian & Pacific Islands Division) Family Treatment Services Program
- Surfrider Spirit Sessions
- Women of Wai`anae
- YMCA (Island of Hawai`i; O`ahu)
Grant Application Form
Detailed instructions are provided on the form, which is fillable on a computer.
Please note that the preferred submission method is via email.
To download the grant application to your computer, right-click the link above and select:
- “Save target as” or “Save link as,”
- Computer folder/window to house the file,
- “Save” button, and
- The file on your computer to open it.
Grant Application Deadlines
The grant period deadlines for the year are:
- April 15, 2016, Friday
- October 7, 2016, Friday