Grant Application Instructions
HWLF has two windows of opportunity for grant applications throughout the calendar year. Grants are funded with the proceeds of the previous year’s fundraiser. Priority is given to applicants with projects that benefit women and children in Hawai`i. Neighbor island applications are encouraged.
In general, grants are considered in March and November. Dates can vary. The current grant period deadlines for the year are listed below.
The current grant application is available below. Detailed instructions are provided on that form. Please note that the preferred submission method is via email.
The following list is a selection of previous grantees.
Partial List of Previous Grantees
- Adult Friends for Youth
- Aloha Medical Mission
- Child and Family Services
- Domestic Violence Action Center
- Family Promise of Hawai`i
- Friends of the Children’s Advocacy Center
- Friends of Family Specialty Courts
- Habitat for Humanity (West Hawai`i, Big Island)
- Hale Kipa
- Hale Ola Abuse Shelter
- Hawai`i Friends of Justice and Civic Education
- Hawai`i Justice Foundation
- Hawai`i State Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Hawai`i State Foster Parents Association
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Hawai`i
- Institute for Human Services
- Kids Hurt Too
- Legal Aid Society of Hawai`i (Kaua`i branch)
- Legal Hotline
- Medical-Legal Partnership for Children in Hawai`i
- Nā Loio No Nā Kānaka
- Planned Parenthood of Hawai`i
- Read to Me International, Inc.
- Waikīkī Health Center
- YMCA (Island of Hawai`i; O`ahu)
Grant Application Form
Detailed instructions are provided on the form. Please note that the preferred submission method is via email.
Download the grant application to your computer: Right-click the link above and select:
- “Save target as” or “Save link as”
- Computer folder/window to house the Word DOC file
- “Save” button
Grant Application Deadlines
The grant period deadlines for the year are:
- April 3, 2015
- October 2, 2015